This page is your resource for information regarding progressing through your electrical apprenticeship.
If you have questions and don’t see any answers on this page please e-mail Drew Barnes by clicking HERE
OpenCircle Tuition Refund Program
OpenCircle’s Tuition Refund Program reimburses tuition fees for Hour Bank employees of Member companies who successfully complete their apprenticeship training and then return to work for an OpenCircle Member company (if applicable in your province). The refund can be issued to either individual Member employees or directly to the Member employer if the company paid for the employee’s tuition.
Please click HERE for the claim form OPENCIRCLE TUITION REFUND CLAIM FORM
Lifelong Learning Plan
The (LLP) allows you to withdraw up to $10,000 in a calendar year from your (RRSPs) to finance full-time training or education for you or your spouse or common-law partner. You cannot participate in the LLP to finance your children’s training or education, or the training or education of your spouse’s or common-law partner’s children.
Please click HERE for information on the LLP PROGRAM
The Government of Canada is committed to supporting registered apprentices throughout their training. The Canada Apprentice Loan can help you get the money you need to achieve your goals.
Please click HERE for information on the APPRENTICESHIP LOAN PROGRAM
Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (AIG)
The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (AIG) is a taxable cash grant of $1,000 per year or level, for a lifetime maximum amount of $2,000 per person.
To be eligible for the AIG, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person
- not be a high school student
- have the required AIG supporting documents;
- register with your provincial/territorial apprenticeship authority as an apprentice in a designated Red Seal trade, and
- provide proof that you have successfully completed either the first year (level/block) or second year (level/block) (or equivalent) in a designated Red Seal trade
Please click HERE for information on the APPRENTICESHIP INCENTIVE GRANT
Apprenticeship Incentive Grant for Women
Please Be Aware This Program is Scheduled to END March 2023
The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant for Women (AIG-W) helps you pay for expenses while you train as an apprentice in a Designated Red Seal Trade where women are underrepresented.
The AIG-W is a taxable grant worth $3,000 per level, awarded to registered apprentices
- You must complete your first year/level (or equivalent) to apply for the AIG‑W
- You can apply for this grant twice during your training (for a maximum of $6,000)
- You can apply for your second AIG-W after completing your second year/level (or equivalent) of training
Please click HERE for information on the APPRENTICE INCENTIVE GRANT for WOMEN
Apprenticeship Completion Grant (ACG)
The Apprenticeship Completion Grant (ACG) is a one-time taxable cash grant lifetime amount of $2,000 per person for registered apprentices. It is for registered apprentices who:
- successfully complete their apprenticeship training program, and
- get their journeyperson certification in a designated Red Seal trade
Please click HERE for information on the APPRENTICESHIP COMPLETION GRANT
This is not a complete list of all the grants and funding options available. Make sure to do some research to look at any and all opportunities that may be available to you. If you need help in finding resources to help fund your apprenticeship please reach out to Drew Barnes by clicking HERE